Executes projects to create or modify products by applying existing or new to industry technology; Under general supervision, works on bench top development and plant trial phases of NPD as assigned. Creates and documents project experimentation and final product specifications. Impact at project team level.
- Manage project objectives and strategies in response to business initiatives.
- Develop appropriate timelines for project delivery.
- Facilitate prototype development on laboratory and pilot scale.
- Plan, lead and execute plant-scale production trials.
- Analyze results of experiments and translate then into actionable recommendations.
- Establish and document specifications for new products based on lab development and plant trials.
- Act as a technical resource for the cross functional business teams.
- Provide technical services role in assigned projects.
- Follow internal processes for Innovation and New Product Development
- Continuously develop technical and business skills to advance career
- Demonstrated knowledge in Fats and Oils
- Understanding and experience with analytical methodology and equipment for Fats and Oils, i.e. peroxide value, solid fat content, crystallization kenetics
- Effective problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of product development process and methodologies
- Proven effectiveness in team communication and interpersonal skills.
BS degree in Food Science or equivalent work experience. Minimum 2 years work experience in area of Fats and Oil applications in Confections and/or Bakery.