Catania Oils is� a fourth generation family owned organization located in Ayer, Massachusetts. We are currently looking for strong professionals who excel in a fast paced environment.� If you are in need of a change and want to join a growing organization where family values are key, come join our family� in the fole of a a Quality Lab Technician.
Quality Control Lab Tech prepares, perform testing, processes and generate COA for edible oils samples by various chemical techniques, including but not limited to: Analytical, sensory liquid-liquid extraction, and other related techniques.
Receive incoming oils and analyzes various types of samples using one or more of the following analytical platforms: Prepares reagents and analytical standards. Uses Laboratory Information Management system for sample log-in, tracking, data management and reporting. Performs specified quality control activities and monitors appropriate measures to ensure quality of the analysis and data.
Supervised the day to day operation of the lab and Performs related duties as required and directed by the director of Quality.
Assist the with the development of laboratory emergency response plans and training materials for laboratory professionals. This position will work with our bulk departments to receive our raw material which may involve seasonal change of work hours or extended work hours. Serve as point of entry for all oils samples submitted to the laboratory, maintain laboratory chain of custody and monitor sample tracking.
QC LAB TECH responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for utilizing established analytical methodologies to support GMP release and stability testing of edible oils
- Responsible for becoming proficient in a breadth of analytical methodologies and sensory analysis of oils.
- Hold and release of incoming raw materials
- Must work within corporate guidelines and must appropriately record, archive and report all data.
- Must be able to interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask and effective interpersonal and communication skills are required.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Food laboratory experience is a plus
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Management experience is a plus.
- Experience working in GMP/GLP
- Quality control experience and an understanding of the positive release of raw materials
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly food lab related experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- Understanding of food chemistry with mixes, coatings, fats, oils and sugar
- Strong knowledge in self-life and the science of shelf-life extensions
- Hands-on experience with sensory testing and consumer feedback
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Work with internal and external teams members
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship